South Texas Electric Cooperative, Inc. has an opening for a Computer / IT Technician at its Nursery, Texas location. The Computer/IT Technician Performs all aspects of computer and network maintenance, repair, upgrades, replacements, and security. Monitors the network to ensure network availability to all system users and may perform necessary maintenance to support network availability, analyzing business requirements and ensures that the computer application meets the needs of the users. Performs maintenance, repairs, testing and upgrades to equipment, servers, and software.
Qualified candidates will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
- Associates degree and 5 years of experience in lieu of a bachelor’s degree
- Valid Texas Driver License
- Criminal background check, Non-DOT Drug Test, and MVR
- 3-5 years’ experience with IT networking or computer systems preferred
- MS Office Programs
May frequently be required to walk; sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, and calculator. Manual dexterity, ability to lift files, open file cabinets, ability to reach, and bend, and use 2-step stool while safely lifting and lowering boxes. Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally with or without accommodation and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. May be exposed to extreme weather conditions. Ability to travel to and from meetings, training sessions or other business-related events. May be required to work after hours to include weekends and holidays.
- Performs maintenance, upgrades and backups of employee computers, tablets, printers, and other electronic equipment.
- Performs maintenance, upgrades and backups to file servers, video servers, RFID system and security software.
- Performs maintenance, upgrades, and backups of network equipment such as firewalls, switches, and routers.
- Performs testing and documentation of computer systems, servers, and software to remain in compliance with cyber security standards.
- Maintains email, internet, VPN, and other local area network functions.
- Maintains all functions of the local area network to run efficiently.
- Coordinates with other departments to keep all computers and networks running properly.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of computer operating procedures, maintenance and operating standards, and upgrades.
- Participates in development of and revisions to policies, procedures and standards associated with compliance with NERC, TRE and ERCOT requirements, as well as participation in working groups as required.
- Performs other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
If you are unable to download our STEC Job Application, please visit the local Workforce Solutions Golden Crescent for assistance.
Please select the appropriate application form.
Texas Resident Job Application Form
Non-Texas Resident Job Application Form