Transmission Planning Engineer
The Transmission Planning Engineer performs all manner of studies, engineering, design, assessment and planning of transmission line project construction, maintenance and repair. Assists to direct and review transmission planning-related technical studies.
Qualified candidates will have:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field
• 5+ years’ experience in utility engineering
• Knowledge of MS Office programs
• Valid Texas Driver License with acceptable MVR and background check
• Steady State and dynamic modeling software
• General office.
• May frequently be required to walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• Occasionally required to stand for long periods.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
• Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer, photocopier and calculator.
• Manual dexterity, ability to lift up to 25 pounds, ability to reach and bend, and use 2-step stool while safely lifting and lowering boxes.
• Ability to travel to and from meetings, training sessions or other business-related events.
• May be required to work after hours to include weekends and holidays.
Typical duties include:
• Installs, Develops, maintains, updates and analyzes load-flow models of the transmission system.
• Performs all manner of modeling system changes and associated load-flow analyses.
• Performs, evaluates and reports sub-synchronous assessments upon request by ERCOT regarding potential generation interconnections.
• Supports testimony at the PUC regarding the need for transmission lines.
• Performs cost benefit analyses of transmission system improvement alternatives.
• Coordinates generation interconnection agreements.
• Attends and participates in various ERCOT committees, working groups and regional planning group studies.
• Develops long-range plans for transmission improvements and maintains Cooperative transmission planning criteria.
• Participates in development of ERCOT guides and protocols and performs FERC, NERC and ERCOT required studies.
• Assesses impacts expected of load additions and coordinates gathering of load data from Member cooperatives.
• Performs other duties, tasks, and special projects as assigned.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V