The Technical Assistant Installs, repairs, and maintains battery banks, battery chargers, stand by generators, air conditioners and other substation equipment under the direction of technicians as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Associates degree in related science preferred.
• 0 Years of experience with Associate Degree in related field
• 4 years or cooperative experience in lieu of degree
• 8 years of related experience in lieu of cooperative experience and degree
• Valid Texas Driver’s License
• Lifts and carries up to 80 pounds and pulls, pushes, or drags up to 80 pounds with or without assistance.
• Sits, stands, stoops or twists for extended periods of time.
• Works both indoors and outdoors in extreme temperatures including heat, cold, humidity, temperature swings and inclement weather, frequent exposure to dust, odor, electrical, mechanical, loud noise and toxic hazards.
• Operates hand tools, heavy equipment, service trucks and trailers, and power tools.
• 20/20 corrected vision is required to perform visual inspection of small defects, small parts and operation of measurement devices and assembly of fabricated parts.
• May be required to work after hours, weekends and holidays and respond timely to urgent or emergency situations.
• Ability to respond to call out requirements within 30 minutes.
Typical duties include:
• Proficiently uses hand and power tools, meters, and other test equipment in energized substations
• Applies, reads, and understands circuit schematics, wiring diagrams, layout drawings, equipment diagrams, structural diagrams
• Operates various test equipment and exercises all safe work practices as outlined in the cooperative safety manual
• Performs preventive maintenance, repairs and replacements of battery banks and battery chargers
• Records maintenance and testing results
• Maintains, installs, troubleshoots, and repairs air conditioners
• Installs, repairs, maintains, tests, and troubleshoots standby generator systems and transfer switches
• Assists technicians in tracking and replacing spare parts kept on hand
• Subject to emergency call out and call out rotation as needed
• Performs other duties and tasks as directed by assigned technician
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Interested candidates should submit a STEC application and resume to STECHR@STEC.ORG. If you have any questions about the process, please contact STEC HR at (361) 485-6121.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V