We currently have a position open for Substation Patrolman at the Pearsall, Texas location. The Substation Patrolman is responsible for inspection and maintenance of substations. This position reports to the Substation Technician Foreman.
Qualified candidates will have:
• 2 years’ experience in utility maintenance is preferred
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Proficiency in MS Office Programs and MS Dynamics
• Valid Texas Driver’s License
• Valid Texas CDL – must be obtained within 180 days of employment
• Lifts and carries up to 80 pounds and pulls, pushes, or drags up to 100 pounds with or without assistance.
• Sits, stands, stoops or twists for extended periods of time.
• Works both indoors and outdoors in extreme temperatures including heat, cold, humidity, temperature swings and inclement weather, frequent exposure to dust, odor, electrical, mechanical, loud noise, and toxic hazards.
• Operates hand tools, heavy equipment, light trucks, power tools and other highway department and plant equipment. 20/20 corrected vision is required to perform visual inspection of small defects, small parts and operation of measurement devices and assembly of fabricated parts.
• Ability to travel to and from meetings or other business-related events.
• May be required to work after hours, weekends and holidays and respond timely to urgent or emergency situations.
• Ability to respond to call out requirements within 30 minutes.
Typical duties include:
• Inspects substations damaged or suspect equipment.
• Performs emergency repairs as is practical or needed.
• Logs counters and other readings.
• Inspects substation sites for unauthorized access.
• Coordinate’s equipment operational tests with System Operations.
• Ensures substations are secure.
• Participates in emergency callout rotation.
• Performs other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V