The Senior Operator will be responsible for monitoring, operating and performing routine maintenance on power plant generating equipment and auxiliaries. The Senior Operator will also be responsible for training and directing the work of Operators on their shift.
Qualified candidates will have:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 5+ years’ operations experience in a power plant
• Knowledge of MS Office programs
• Valid Texas Driver License
• Acceptable MVR and background check
• Works both indoors and outdoors in extreme temperatures including heat, cold, humidity, temperature swings and inclement weather, some exposure to dust, odor, electrical, mechanical and toxic hazards.
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
• Operates hand tools, heavy equipment, power tools and other plant equipment.
• Manual dexterity, ability to lift up to 50 pounds, ability to bend, climb, crawl, kneel, reach above shoulder extending arms in any direction all day.
• May be required to work after hours to include weekends and holidays.
• May be required to address unscheduled emergencies on occasion.
Typical duties include:
• Directs work of and provides training to Operators on their shift.
• Controls power generating equipment and auxiliaries to provide efficient, reliable and safe production of power.
• Monitors instrumentation and telemetry from power plant equipment to detect evidence of operating issues, derive trends and take corrective action if necessary.
• Conducts periodic visual, auditory and instrumentation-based inspections of plant equipment to detect abnormal conditions.
• Responds to emergency conditions at the plant, including equipment breakdowns and outages, and assists troubleshooting efforts to repair equipment or correct other problems.
• Provides direct oversight and on-the-job training to new hires.
• Analyzes equipment performance and investigates equipment failures to identify trends and problem areas.
• Collects and analyzes water samples.
• Communicates operational and equipment issues with the Operations Supervisor, Plant Manager, System Operations and Wholesale Marketing/QSE.
• Ensures operations and maintenance activities are conducted in a safe and compliant manner and in compliance with STEC's safety program.
• Performs other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Interested candidates should contact the Texas Workforce Commission to apply for this position.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V