The Security Officer secures premises and personnel by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment, inspecting building and equipment and permitting entry and monitoring access points. Maintains a safe and secure environment for all employees, visitors and other persons.
Qualified candidates will have:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Level III Private Security License
• 3 – 7 years’ experience in physical or industrial security
• Valid Texas Driver License with acceptable MVR and background check
• Knowledge of MS Office programs
• May frequently be required to walk; sit; stand; use hands or fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• Occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds.
• Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, and calculator.
• Manual dexterity, ability to lift files, open file cabinets, ability to reach, and bend and use 2-step stool while safely lifting and lowering boxes.
• Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally with or without accommodation and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• May be exposed to extreme weather conditions.
• Ability to travel to and from meetings, training sessions or other business-related events.
• May be required to work after hours to include weekends and holidays.
Typical duties include:
• Monitors and authorizes entrance and departure of employees, visitors and other persons to guard against threats and maintain security of premises.
• Ensures that adequate security measures are in place to provide protection of employees, visitors and other persons in case of emergencies.
• Monitors assorted video feeds of substation, office and generation plant facilities.
• Circulates among employees, visitors and other persons to preserve order, protect property and control traffic at generation facilities.
• Acts as a first responder in the event of injury or illness on site by calling police or fire departments in case of emergency.
• Patrols premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows and gates.
• Ensures accountability by assigning temporary identifications and logging visitors.
• Maintains private security license in good standing and ensures completion of ongoing required training.
• Performs other duties, tasks, and special projects as assigned.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Interested candidates should contact the Texas Workforce Commission to apply for this position.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V