South Texas Electric Cooperative, Inc. currently has a position open for a Security Officer at its Nursery, Texas location. The Security Officer secures premises and personnel by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment,
inspecting building and equipment and permitting entry and monitoring access points. Maintains a safe and secure environment for all employees, visitors and other persons. The Security Officer reports to the Lead Security Officer.
Qualified candidates will have:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Level III Private Security License
• 3 – 7 years’ experience in physical or industrial security
• Valid Texas Driver License
Typical duties include:
• Monitors and authorizes entrance and departure of employees, visitors and other persons to guard against threats and maintain security of premises.
• Ensures that adequate security measures are in place to provide protection of employees, visitors and other persons in case of emergencies.
• Monitors assorted video feeds of substation, office and generation plant facilities.
• Circulates among employees, visitors and other persons to preserve order, protect property and control traffic at generation facilities.
• Acts as a first responder in the event of injury or illness on site by calling police or fire departments in case of emergency.
• Patrols premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows and gates.
• Ensures accountability by assigning temporary identifications and logging visitors.
• Maintains private security license in good standing and ensures completion of ongoing required training.
• Performs other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned.
• May frequently be required to walk; sit; stand; use hands or fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• Occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds.
• Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, and calculator.
• Manual dexterity, ability to lift files, open file cabinets, ability to reach, and bend and use 2-step stool while safely lifting and lowering boxes.
• Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally with or without accommodation and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• May be exposed to extreme weather conditions.
• Ability to travel to and from meetings, training sessions or other business-related events.
• May be required to work after hours to include weekends and holidays.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
If you have any questions about the process, please contact STEC HR at (361) 485-6167.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V