The ROW Groundman performs transmission line and substation vegetation management and general property maintenance. Inspects and documents vegetation growth on transmission line rights-of-way. Installs, repairs or replaces gates and fences. Operates hand tools, power tools and other equipment to clear brush and spray herbicide. Performs minor parts replacements and repairs to clearing equipment. Documents maintenance and repairs of truck, trailer and clearing equipment. Maintains daily work log and promotes good relations with land owners.
Qualified candidates will have:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Valid Texas Driver’s License and acceptable MVR
• Hold or ability to obtain Class A CDL within 180 days of starting employment
• Lifts and carries up to 50 pounds and pulls, pushes or drags up to 75 pounds with or without assistance.
• Sits, stands, stoops or twists for extended periods of time.
• Works both indoors and outdoors in extreme temperatures including heat, cold, humidity, temperature swings and inclement weather, frequent exposure to dust, odor, electrical, mechanical, loud noise, exhaust, petroleum products, wild life and other toxic hazards.
• Operates hand tools, heavy equipment, Department of Transportation regulated trucks, light trucks, power tools and other equipment.
• Wears company-provided Personal Protective Equipment. 20/20 corrected vision is required to perform visual inspection of small defects, small parts and operation of measurement devices and assembly of fabricated parts.
• Ability to travel to and from business-related locations.
• May be required to work on call, after hours, weekends and holidays and respond timely to urgent or emergency situations.
Typical duties include:
• Safely and efficiently operates and utilizes tools and machinery in performance of vegetation management on transmission line right-of-way.
• Performs vegetation management on transmission line rights-of-way and substations in accordance with current Vegetation Management Program practices utilizing heavy machinery, clearing equipment and herbicides.
• Operates machinery to install, repair and replace gates, posts and fences.
• Operates hand tools, power tools, chain saws, herbicide spraying equipment and other equipment to clear brush and vegetation.
• Conducts Department of Transportation inspections on assigned equipment.
• Performs scheduled preventative maintenance on equipment and tools.
• Performs minor parts replacements and repairs on equipment and tools.
• Relocates machinery as needed and interfaces with landowners.
• Participates in tailgate, Cooperative and departmental safety meetings.
• Performs other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V