South Texas Electric Cooperative, Inc. currently has a position open for a Production Engineer at its Power Plant in Nursery, Texas. The Production Engineer provides technical and engineering support to all power plant personnel on issues related to
the operation, maintenance, and compliance activities at STEC’s generating facilities. Designs and improves processes to increase generating plant production, efficiency, and reliability. This position reports to the Manager of Power Supply.
Qualified candidates will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
• At least 5 years’ experience in a power plant setting
• Thorough understanding of power plant design, operation, and maintenance
• Experience with MS Office programs, MS Dynamics, PI, and AutoCAD
• Valid Texas Driver’s License and acceptable MVR
• Works both indoors and outdoors in extreme temperatures including heat, cold, humidity, temperature swings and
inclement weather, some exposure to dust, odor, electrical, mechanical, and toxic hazards.
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to focus.
• Manual dexterity, ability to lift up to 25 pounds, ability to bend, climb, crawl, kneel, reach above shoulder extending
arms in any direction all day.
• May be required to work after hours, weekends and holidays.
• May be required to address unscheduled emergencies on occasion.
Typical duties include:
• Assists in the planning, evaluation, and implementation of power plant improvements.
• Provides technical and engineering support for operations and maintenance activities at STEC’s power generation
• Responds to emergency conditions at the plant, including equipment breakdowns and outages, and assists
troubleshooting efforts to repair equipment or correct other problems.
• Assists other STEC personnel inside and outside of the Power Supply Division with the collection and analysis of
data for regulatory compliance, environmental compliance, and safety-related tasks.
• Utilizes software, and other analytical tools to quantify equipment performance and investigate equipment failures.
• Supports outside contractors and consultants with engineering and technical information.
• Remains abreast of industry trends, technology advances, and regulatory compliance requirements applicable to
STEC’s generating facilities.
• Assists with the development of operations, maintenance, emergency, and compliance procedures.
• Ensures operations and maintenance activities are conducted in a safe and compliant manner and in compliance
with STEC's safety program and environmental permitting.
• Performs other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V