The Operator is responsible for monitoring, operating and performing routine maintenance on power plant equipment and auxiliaries.
Qualified candidates will have:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 2 years' experience in a power plant setting preferred
• Knowledge of MS Office programs
• Valid Texas Driver License
• Acceptable MVR and background check
• Works both indoors and outdoors in extreme temperatures including heat, cold, humidity, temperature swings and inclement weather, some
exposure to dust, odor, electrical, mechanical and toxic hazards.
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus
• Operates hand tools, heavy equipment, power tools and other plant equipment.
• Manual dexterity, ability to life up to 50 pounds, ability to bend, climb, crawl, kneel, reach above shoulder extended arms in any direction all day.
• May be required to work after hours to include weekends and holidays.
• May be required to address unscheduled emergencies on occasion.
Typical duties include:
• Controls power generating equipment and auxiliaries to provide efficient, reliable and safe production of power.
• Monitors instrumentation and telemetry from power plant equipment to detect evidence of operating issues, derive trends and takes corrective action if necessary.
• Conducts periodic visual, auditory and instrumentation-based inspections of plan equipment to detect abnormal conditions.
• Responds to emergency conditions as the plant, including equipment breakdowns and outages and assists troubleshooting efforts to repair equipment or correct other problems.
• Provides direct oversight and on-the-job training to new hires.
• Analyzes equipment performance and investigates equipment failures to identify trends and problem areas.
• Collects and analyzes water samples.
• Communicates operational and equipment issues with Operations Supervisor, Senior operator, Plant Manager, System Operations and Wholesale Marketing/QSE.
• Ensures operations and maintenance activities are conducted in a safe and compliant manner and in compliance with STEC's safety program.
• Performs other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V