The Maintenance Technician performs installation, maintenance, and repair of mechanical, electrical, electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment throughout the power plant.
Qualified candidates will have:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 3 years’ experience in a power plant setting
• Knowledge of MS Office programs
• Valid Texas Driver License
• Acceptable MVR and background check
• Works both indoors and outdoors in extreme temperatures including heat, cold, humidity, temperature swings and inclement weather, some exposure to dust, odor, electrical, mechanical and toxic hazards.
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.
• Operates hand tools, heavy equipment, power tools and other plant equipment.
• Manual dexterity, ability to lift up to 50 pounds, ability to bend, climb, crawl, kneel, reach above shoulder extending arms in any direction all day.
• May be required to work after hours to include weekends and holidays.
• May be required to address unscheduled emergencies on occasion.
Typical duties include:
• Installs, adjusts, tests, inspects, services, calibrates, performs preventive maintenance, and repairs a variety of mechanical and electrical equipment to ensure the efficient and reliable operation of plant generators and auxiliaries.
• Generates and files records of all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities.
• Responds to emergency conditions at the plant, including equipment breakdowns and outages, and assists troubleshooting efforts to repair equipment or correct other problems.
• Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Provides direct oversight and on-the-job training to new hires.
• Analyzes equipment performance and investigates equipment failures to identify trends and problem areas.
• Orders materials, supplies and parts needed to maintain plant equipment.
• Coordinates with operations personnel, other STEC employees, and outside contractors to efficiently accomplish maintenance tasks.
• Ensures maintenance activities are conducted in a safe and compliant manner and in compliance with STEC's safety program.
• Performs other duties, tasks, and special projects as assigned.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V