Human Resources Assistant
The Human Resources Assistant provides administrative support ensuring effective, efficient and accurate administrative operations related to human resource processes and program administration. Performs recruitment activities and assists hiring managers in coordinating the selection of new employees. Completes data entry and maintenance of the human resource information systems ensuring data integrity. Supports various tasks including revising and distributing board policies, updating organization charts, monitoring driver qualifications and scheduling training.
Qualified candidates will have:
• High school diploma or equivalent;
• BA or BS in Human Resources or related field
• 5+ years’ experience in an HR Generalist role – payroll and benefits experience preferred
• Valid Texas Driver License with acceptable MVR and background check
• General office and sedentary; occasionally required to stand.
• May frequently be required to walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
• Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer and calculator.
• Manual dexterity, ability to lift up to 25 pounds, ability to reach and bend using 2-step stool while safely lifting and lowering boxes.
• Ability to travel to and from meetings, training sessions or other business-related events. May be required to work after hours to include weekends and holidays.
• May be required to work on call, after hours, weekends and holidays and respond timely to urgent or emergency situations.
Typical duties include:
• Coordinate recruitment and selection activities to include, but not limited to: sourcing, interviewing, post offer testing and validation of work experience and credentials.
• Reviews employee records to determine occupations of newly hired employees to assess motor vehicle responsibilities to include: tracking and monitoring of commercial driver license (CDL), related physical examinations and driver qualification files.
• Monitors employee records to comply with CIP, NERC and FERC requirements regarding criminal behavior and access control.
• Coordinates and schedules company-wide training and development events (e.g. supervisor, compliance, wellness, etc.); may perform training based on content and delivery of information.
• Provides administrative support in reviewing and revising job descriptions; may assist with desk audits and creation of new job descriptions.
• Provides administrative support in maintaining, revising and distributing Board Policies to employees; may assist in drafting changes, monitoring recommendations for changes and coordinating senior leader responses.
• Maintains organizational chart with all employee related actions; produces and distributes hard copy to senior leaders monthly.
• Assists with monitoring and maintenance of organizational bulletin boards specific to human resource policies, programs and practices, including, but not limited to: job vacancy notifications, mandatory compliance posting, health and wellness initiatives, safety, etc.
• Acts as back-up for payroll and benefit processing; provides support during open enrollment and merit reviews.
• During peak workload, assists in compiling payroll data; may enter data or compute wages and reconcile errors to maintain payroll records.
• During peak workload, assists with reviewing timesheets and inputs data for calculating and coding while ensuring accuracy of data submitted.
• Performs other duties, tasks, and special projects as assigned.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Interested candidates should contact the Texas Workforce Commission to apply for this position.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V