The Environmental Coordinator performs technical and regulatory functions within the environmental department, ensuring the site is in line with good environment practices and environment regulations.
Qualified candidates will have:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Business or related field required
• 3 - 5 years’ experience in related environmental field preferred
• Valid Texas Driver License
• Visual Emissions Evaluator
• Working knowledge of MS Office Programs and MS Dynamics
• Knowledge of Texas Commission of Environmental Quality
• Knowledge of Environmental Protection Agency rules and regulations
• May frequently be required to walk; sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines, and calculator.
• Manual dexterity, ability to lift files, open file cabinets, ability to reach, and bend, and use 2-step stool while safely lifting and lowering boxes.
• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally with or without accommodation, and/or up to 20 pounds or force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• May be exposed to extreme weather conditions.
• Ability to travel to and from business-related locations.
• May be required to work after hours, weekends and holidays and respond timely to urgent or emergency situations.
Typical duties include:
• Regularly reports and keeps records required for South Texas Electric Cooperative facility compliance.
• Reviews, maintains, and develops environmentally safe work procedures, reaction plans, Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plans.
• Coordinates spill clean-up and restoration efforts ensuring compliance with TCEQ and EPA regulations.
• Assesses applicability of environmental regulations.
• Coordinates, completes, and manages all water, waste, wastewater, and air related permits.
• Performs site assessments of potential and existing power plant locations and substation properties.
• Responds to regulatory requests for information.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V