We currently have a position open for a Custodian at the Sam Rayburn location in Nursery, Texas. The Custodian performs a wide variety of routine cleaning and custodial duties to multiple departments. Keeps
buildings in clean and orderly condition. Performs moderate cleaning duties, such as mopping, sweeping and cleaning areas as needed. Duties may also include performing routine maintenance activities. This position
reports to the Manager of Corporate and Member Services.
Qualified candidates will have:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Valid Texas Driver’s License and acceptable MVR
• Employee may potentially be exposed to hazardous chemicals, wet or humid conditions, outdoor
weather, noisy and dusty environment.
• Lifts and carries up to 35 pounds and pulls, pushes or drags up to 75 pounds with or without assistance.
• Climbs, crawls, kneels, squats, twists and stoops for extended periods of time.
• Operates hand tools, light equipment and power tools.
• May be required to work after hours, weekends and holidays.
Typical duties include:
• Mops, sweeps and cleans assigned areas when needed, frequently checking.
• Follows procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors
• Gathers and empties trash from work areas and offices.
• Notifies supervisor concerning the need for major repairs or additions to the departments.
• Requisitions building supplies or equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
• Aids with company events and helps coordinate meals for Board of Directors’ meetings.
• Maintains back-up control center.
• Performs general maintenance of lighting and ground keeping.
• Replaces ceiling tiles.
• Coordinates flooring restoration.
• Serves, cleans, or supplies restrooms.
• Performs other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V