Compliance & Technology Specialist
The Compliance & Technology Specialist coordinates Power Delivery Division efforts toward compliance with federal and state regulations by working with all departments and with other divisions to ensure that timely and appropriate evidence of compliance is always up to date. Evaluates, coordinates, and facilitates special projects.
Qualified candidates will have:
• Associate degree at minimum, Bachelors’ Degree preferred
• 10 years utility industry technical experience related to substations communications, SCADA, Electrical Testing and maintenance or engineering.
• MS Office Programs
• Must reside within 30 minutes travel time from Sam Rayburn
• Valid Texas Driver’s License
• General office conditions apply.
• May frequently be required to walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear.
• Occasionally required to stand for long periods of time.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
• Use of personal computing equipment, phone, smart devices, printers, and other office equipment.
• Manual dexterity and ability to lift up to 25 pounds, ability to reach and bend and use step stools and ladders while safely lifting and lowering boxes.
• Ability to travel to and from business-related locations, meetings, and training sessions and to have overnight trips or multiday trips.
• May be required to work after hours including weekends and holidays.
Typical duties include:
• Develop templates and schedules for equipment testing and evidence production related to complying with reliability standards.
• Works with the Compliance Coordinator as a subject matter expert in audits and evidence production to meet reliability standards and to develop and revise compliance programs.
• Maintains records of compliance responsibilities that apply to the Power Delivery Division individual subject matter experts on a per standard basis.
• Writes, develops, and maintains implementation plans, procedures and practices related to compliance efforts such that appropriate testing and evidence production is on hand.
• Monitors and studies regulations and reliability standards applicable to any part of the Power Delivery Division department responsibilities.
• Provides advise to management, Compliance Coordinator and subject matter experts and answers any questions regarding compliance standards and the efforts necessary to maintain an atmosphere of compliance.
• Attends and participates in regulatory compliance agency initiatives, standards development, and industry meetings including TRE and NERC.
• Complies and analysis evidence and compliance data and coordinators submittal to regulators with the Compliance Coordinator.
• Ensure compliance with FCC requirements for licensing, operating and performance of communications as well as other communications related agency requirements.
• Prepare or monitor the preparation of specifications, engineering, and contracts for major telecommunication projects.
• Support other departments in the design, cost estimating, evaluation and implementation of communications related construction projects.
• Evaluate communications alternatives.
• Coordinate with all necessary departments and other divisions in evaluating, developing, installing, and other aspects of special projects.
• Perform other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Interested candidates should submit a STEC application and resume to STECHR@STEC.ORG. If you have any questions about
the process, please contact STEC HR at (361) 485-6121.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V