Charitable Giving and Corporate Support Program
South Texas Electric Cooperative, Inc. is a not-for-profit, member-owned corporation and it is our mission to serve our member’s needs. One way we achieve this is by interacting in the communities in which we serve.
We strive to actively support various qualifying organizations within the geographic areas that our cooperative serves. For this reason, our cooperative can make up to a $1,000 charitable donation to a qualifying organization that is located in and provides service within the region we serve on an annual basis.
- To qualify for a charitable donation from our cooperative an organization must meet the below qualifications:
- Be located in and provide services within the geographic area that STEC serves.
- Be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, a 501(c)(4) social welfare organization, or a 501(c)(6) business league.
- Be able to provide a copy of their 501(c) tax certificate and tax identification number.
- STEC is unable to provide charitable support to an organization for any of the following reasons:
- The organization discriminates based on age, sex, race, religion, national origin, or disability.
- Charitable requests from religious organizations. However, community programs that are sponsored by religious organizations will be considered.
- Requests from or for school-based programs.
- Requests from or for local, regional, and/or school-based sports teams, extracurricular teams or clubs.
- Requests that solicit financial support for individuals, political candidates or campaigns, or entities that are not Qualifying Organizations.
- Requests for school trips, athletic or other extracurricular events or trips, or recreational trips or tours.
- Requests for sponsorship for individuals in beauty pageants, livestock shows, or scholarship drives (other than STEC’s scholarship program), or any other requests for funds for an individual.
- Requests for outside fundraising efforts; however, fundraising efforts by our member cooperatives for qualifying organizations will be considered.
- Any request for financial support for an organization that is located and serves outside the geographic area in which STEC serves.
To apply for a charitable donation from our cooperative, please complete the following application: (online application). Applications are reviewed monthly. Applications must be received by the 25th of the month to be considered for the next month's review. Please upload a copy of your 501(c) tax certificate with your application, we will need your tax certificate before we can review your application.
If unable to submit your application electronically, please fax it to (361) 576-1433, e-mail it to email@example.com, or mail it to the below address:
Attn: Michelle Gloor
P.O. Box 119
Nursery, TX 77976
Charitable Giving Recipients 2021
Access Esperanza Clinics - McAllen
Affordable Homes of South Texas, Inc. - McAllen
Alzheimer's Association - RGV Walk to End Alzheimer's
Bluebonnet Children's Center - Hondo
Boys & Girls Club of DeWitt
Boys & Girls Club of Laredo
Boys & Girls Club of Palacios
Cameron County Children's Advocacy Center's - San Benito
CASA of South Texas - Pearsall
Children's Advocacy Center of Hidalgo & Starr Counties
Children's Discovery Museum of the Golden Crescent - Victoria
Community Services Agency of South Texas, Inc. - Carrizo Springs
Corpus Christi Hope House, Inc.
Crossroads Guardians of Hope - Victoria
Devine Food Pantry Ministry, Inc.
Family Endeavors, Inc. dba Endeavors - Pearsall
Food Bank of the Rio Grande Valley, Inc. - Pharr
Golden Crescent CASA - Victoria
Goliad County Outreach
Good Neighbor Settlement House - Brownsville
Habitat for Humanity RGV - McAllen
Halo-Flight, Inc. - Corpus Christi
Helping Hands Ministry of El Campo
Holding Institute, Inc. - Laredo
Hospice of South Texas - Victoria
Jamie's Ranch for Special Kids - McCoy
Laredo Regional Food Bank
Laredo Stroke Support
Loaves and Fishes of the Rio Grande Valley, Inc. - Harlingen
Lupus Foundation of America - Texas Gulf Coast Chapter
Mid‐Coast Family Services - Victoria
Natalia Veteran's Memorial Library (Natalia Public Library Foundation)
Open Hands Community Charitable Services - Donna
Operation Homefront - Corpus Christi
Rainbow RGV Community Partners - McAllen
Rio Grande Valley Literacy Center - Pharr
Ruthe B. Cowl Rehabilitation Center - Laredo
San Antonio Food Bank - Frio & Pearsall
South Texas Advancement Resource - Aguilares
South Texas Empowerment of Women Center (Starr of Hope) - Rio Grande City
South Texas Literacy Coalition - Edinburg
Special Olympics Texas RGV
Texas Ramp Project – Victoria Region
Texas Ramp Project - San Antonio South Region
Voz de Ninos - Laredo
West Side Helping Hand - Corpus Christi