The Transmission Engineer performs all manner of studies, engineering, design, assessment and planning of transmission line project construction, maintenance and repair. Functions include:
- Designs and engineers new transmission lines and modifications to existing transmission lines.
- Develops and analyzes software models of transmission line design.
- Sets criteria for use by in-house and contract engineers in the development of transmission line projects.
- Provides overall in-house project management of transmission-line project contractors, engineers, and suppliers.
- Develops and negotiates transmission line related contracts and approves expenditures in transmission line projects.
- Designs foundations and performs analyses on various material types in the selection of structures, hardware, conductor and insulators.
- Directs, trains, coordinates and supports engineering assistants assigned to transmission projects.
- Designs, engineers and details foundations and slabs designs and engineering.
- Designs and engineers steel, concrete and wood pole installations utilizing PLSCadd and AutoCad.
- Designs, engineers and produces (or cause to be by contracted firms) Plan and Profile drawings, line construction specifications, structure selection studies, conductor selection studies and modeling studies.
- Designs and engineers grounding systems.
- Develops transmission line impedance models.
- Performs other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V