STEC currently has an open position for Substation Journeyman Lineman at its Nursery, Texas location. The Substation Journeyman Lineman constructs, repairs, inspects, and maintains substation facilities and transmission line, both energized and de-energized. Performs installation, maintenance and repair of switches including single and gang-operated, transformers, steel structures, hardware, regulators, breakers, instrument transformers and other substation equipment. Must meet required quality and construction standards. Maintains a daily work log and assists in training apprentices and new hires.
• Safely and efficiently operates and utilizes tools and machinery in the installation and removal of transmission line materials and substation equipment.
• Preforms work in an elevated position on wood, concrete, steel and lattice tower structures.
• Installs, repairs, and replaces underground and overhead electric distribution, service lines, transformers, meters, metering equipment and related equipment.
• Preforms switching, energized maintenance, repair and instillation utilizing appropriate hot stick, glove, and barehand techniques for 2.4 kV through 345 kV rated facilities.
• Transports permitted loads needed for substation and transmission line maintenance, repairs and construction.
• Ensures that coworkers and apprentice lineman are properly knowledgeable in all aspects of assigned work.
• Participates in tailgate, company and departmental safety meetings including impromptu site meetings with fellow crewmen
• Assists with the training of new hires
• Preforms mandatory Department of Transportation inspections and switching at the direction of some System Operations.
• Participates in call-out rotation.
• Performs other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned.
Lifts and carries up to 50 pounds and pulls, pushes, or drags up to 75 pounds with or without assistance. Sits, stands, stoops or twists for extended periods of time. Works both indoors and outdoors in extreme temperatures including heat, cold, humidity, temperature swings and inclement weather, frequent exposure to dust, odor, electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, loud noise, and toxic hazards. Operates or drives hand tools, light trucks, power tools and other equipment. 20/20 corrected vision is required to perform visual inspection of small defects, small parts and operation of measurement devices and assembly of fabricated parts. Ability to travel to and from business-related locations. May be required to work after hours, weekends and holidays and respond timely to urgent or emergency situations.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
If you are unable to download our STEC Job Application, please visit the local Workforce Solutions Golden Crescent for assistance.
Please select the appropriate application form.
Texas Resident Job Application Form
Non-Texas Resident Job Application Form