The Purchasing Agent is responsible for ensuring that items and services to build and maintain Cooperative needs are purchased from specified suppliers and are delivered according to agreed terms and conditions. They must be proficient in performing commercial analysis of bidder’s proposals, negotiating favorable terms, and coordinating with operations, engineering, and finance to ensure proper movement and accounting of goods and supplies. Under general supervision, solves complex problems requiring detailed knowledge of the Cooperative’s inventoried materials and industry best practices while providing exceptional internal customer service.
General office and sedentary. Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer, photocopier, file cabinet, and calculator. Manual dexterity, ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds, ability to reach, bend, and use 2-step stool while safely lifting and lowering boxes. Ability to travel to and from meetings, training sessions or other business-related events. May be required to work after hours to include weekends and holidays.
- Reviews purchase requisitions ensuring compliance, standardization, proper account coding and requirements documentation best practices.
- Negotiate price, specifications, delivery dates, payment terms, terms & conditions, and other elements of the proposal/order.
- Qualifies purchase requisitions verifying and assigning vendor, price, and delivery date; ensures they are aligned with purchasing strategy while meeting department key performance indicators.
- Maintain procurement files in accordance with internal processes and procedures.
- Perform market research and price analysis, as necessary.
- Evaluates material usage and planned orders for all inventoried materials while meeting department key performance indicators.
- Prepares and processes requests-for-quotes (RFQs) for all inventoried materials while meeting department key performance indicators.
- Serves as a sole point of contact for all external purchasing related communications, including but not limited to sending of purchase orders, order confirmation, issue resolution, order discrepancies, late deliveries, etc.
- Provides exceptional customer service to internal stakeholders by displaying genuine empathy, availability, consistency, and solution-driven qualities.
- As required, perform expediting of purchase orders to monitor vendor progress including to ensure timely shipment of materials for ongoing projects.
- Performs other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned by the Manager of Procurement.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
If you are unable to download our STEC Job Application, please visit the local Workforce Solutions Golden Crescent for assistance.
Please select the appropriate application form.
Texas Resident Job Application Form
Non-Texas Resident Job Application Form