Programs, installs and maintains billing metering at substations and power plants. Performs work in reading meters, providing meter services and meter testing. Inspects, tests or measures materials, products, installations or work for conformance to specifications.
- Proficiently uses hand power tools, meters, and other test equipment in energized substations to install, maintain, repair and program meters and associated equipment.
- Applies, reads and understands correct schematic wiring diagram blueprints.
- Programs and operates meter test equipment.
- Develops accurate metering programs for all delivery point applications.
- Coordinates testing, troubleshooting and repairs with other department personnel.
- Exercises all safe work practices as outlined in the Cooperative safety book.
- Participates in emergency callout rotation.
- Performs other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned.
Lifts and carries up to 50 pounds and pulls, pushes or drags up to 75 pounds with or without assistance. Sits, stands, stoops or twists for extended periods of time. Works both indoors and outdoors in extreme temperatures including heat, cold, humidity, temperature swings and inclement weather, frequent exposure to dust, odor, electrical, mechanical, loud noise and toxic hazards. Operates hand tools, light trucks and power tools. 20/20 corrected vision is required to perform visual inspection of small defects, small parts and operation of measurement devices and assembly of fabricated parts. Ability to travel to and from meetings or other business-related events. May be required to work after hours, weekends and holidays and respond timely to urgent or emergency situations. Ability to respond to call out requirements within 30 minutes.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
If you are unable to download our STEC Job Application, please visit the local Workforce Solutions Golden Crescent for assistance.
Please select the appropriate application form.
Texas Resident Job Application Form
Non-Texas Resident Job Application Form