Acts as a liaison between South Texas Electric Cooperative (STEC) and its eight member cooperatives and between STEC and its neighboring TDSPs. Duties include being responsible for coordinating member request resolutions, which may include but not limited to: answering general questions about STEC, meeting with the member load customers and conveying needs for substation improvements due to member needs
Qualified Candidates will have:
⦁ Bachelor's degree preferred
⦁ 3 -5 years' experience working in power delivery or industrial electrical environment preferred
⦁ Valid Texas Driver License
⦁ Experience in MS Office Programs; MS Dynamics; Knowledge of Cooperative Model; Knowledge of electrical systems
- May frequently be required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally with or without accommodation, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to travel to and from work sites, meetings, training sessions or other business related events.
- May be required to work after hours to include weekends and holidays
Typical Duties Include:
- Responds to the member cooperative’s wide range of requests.
- Travels to member cooperative’s offices for meetings including general meetings and meetings pertaining to specific loads or requests.
- Answers questions intelligently regarding electrical issues, project construction and timelines and energy costs to the customer of the member cooperatives while attending member meetings.
- Provides information to Engineering Department based on feedback from member cooperatives.
- Creates/submits reports to applicable personnel regarding findings during member visits.
- Analyzes internal processes, recommends and implements procedural or policy changes to improve operations, such as supply changes or the
- disposal of records.
- Oversees projects to improve efficiency ensuring that programs meet environmental, health and security standards and comply with government regulations.
- Analyzes proposed legislation, regulations or rule changes to determine how Cooperative services could be impacted.
- Compiles data and provides reports to customers, the Cooperative and Board of Directors as requested.
- Develops and measures key performance indicators to determine and improve the effectiveness of all member service activities.
- Maintains current technical skills and applies new knowledge to management tasks for the improvement of the member service activities.
- Develops and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships with stakeholders.
- Identifies opportunities to add value beyond problem resolution to relevant business areas.
- Evaluates financial aspects of services, such as budgets, expenditures research and development appropriations, return-on-investment and profitloss projections.
- Utilizes forecasting or strategic planning ensuring the sale and profitability of services, analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends.
- Develops and maintains interconnection agreement documents between STEC and neighboring TDSP’s and interconnecting generators.
- Performs other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V