The Maintenance Supervisor evaluates the condition and supervises the maintenance of plant generation equipment and auxiliaries. Directs Maintenance Technician training and develops maintenance procedures. Plans and coordinates maintenance of plant generators and auxiliaries with Operations Supervisor and Plant Manager.
General office. Specific vision abilities include close vision and distance vision. May frequently be required to work outdoors in extreme temperatures including heat, cold, humidity, temperature swings and inclement weather, some exposure to dust, odor, electrical, mechanical and toxic hazards. Use of personal computing equipment and telephone. Manual dexterity, ability to lift up to 25 pounds, ability to reach, bend, and use 2-step stool while safely lifting and lowering boxes. Ability to travel to and from meetings or other business-related events. May be required to work after hours to include weekends and holidays. May be required to address unscheduled emergencies on occasion.
- Provides supervision of maintenance personnel.
- Reviews maintenance performance and scheduling to ensure equipment is maintained in a safe, reliable and efficient manner.
- Schedules, develops and executes personnel training in maintenance procedures, emergency response procedures and data analysis techniques.
- Creates and maintains individual equipment preventive maintenance schedules.
- Analyzes equipment performance and failures to identify trends and problem areas and modifies maintenance efforts accordingly.
- Specifies and coordinates purchase of materials, supplies and parts needed to maintain plant equipment and to equip plant maintenance personnel.
- Coordinates the scheduling of maintenance activities with the Marketing/QSE Department through the Operations Supervisor and Plant Manager.
- Reports on the status of maintenance activities to the Operations Supervisor and Plant Manager.
- Coordinates the call-out of maintenance personnel and responds to outages and equipment emergencies.
- Facilitates and implements safety rules and procedures.
- Conducts performance evaluations of Maintenance Technicians.
- Performs supervision duties in a responsible and professional manner respectful of the Cooperative, equipment, co-workers and employees.
- Coordinates, specifies, and procures outside maintenance services.
- Performs other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
If you are unable to download our STEC Job Application, please visit the local Workforce Solutions Golden Crescent for assistance.
Please select the appropriate application form.
Texas Resident Job Application Form
Non-Texas Resident Job Application Form