STEC currently have an open position for Lead Marketing/QSE Specialist at its Nursery, Texas location. The Lead Marketing/QSE Specialist directs and conducts the short-term scheduling, buying, and selling of generation and natural gas under the guidance of the Assistant Manager of Wholesale Marketing/QSE.
Qualified candidates will have:
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Management, Accounting, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in wholesale power markets or QSE environment
- At least 2 years’ experience in ERCOT trading or settlements
- Acceptable MVR
General office and sedentary. May frequently be required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Occasionally required to stand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer and calculator. Manual dexterity, ability to lift up to 25 pounds, ability to reach, bend, and use 2-step stool while safely lifting and lowering boxes. Ability to travel to and from meetings, training sessions or other business-related events. May be required to work after hours to include weekends and holidays.
- Negotiates short-term energy, ancillary services, and natural gas purchases/sales consistent with next-day needs or at the direction of the Manager or Assistant Manager of Wholesale Marketing.
- Maintains accurate record of all purchases and sales for end-of-month settlement.
- Develops day-ahead strategies, consistent with the direction provided, for participation in the ERCOT market.
- Submits timely resource schedules, offers, and bids into the ERCOT Day Ahead Market in accordance with the STEC-developed strategies and the ERCOT Protocols.
- Evaluates natural gas prices and analyzes aspects of hedging while developing, analyzing, and checking near-term load forecasting.
- Monitors and evaluates ERCOT load trends and issues 4CP load management instructions during the summer months.
- Develops, directs, and coordinates resource and trading schedules for Marketing & QSE Specialists in a timely manner.
- Participates in ERCOT meetings and working groups as a representative of South Texas Electric Cooperative.
- Studies, evaluates, and understands ERCOT Protocols and NERC Standards.
- Assists with settlements regarding natural gas and energy transactions.
- Assists with maintaining compliance with NERC Standards, ERCOT Protocols and PUCT Substantive Rules
- Performs other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V