STEC currently has a position open for a Corporate Solutions Engineer at the Nursery, Texas location. The Corporate Solutions Engineer (CSE) is responsible for overseeing STEC’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Compliance software solutions including version upgrades, first-line support, coordination with managed services, configurations, customizations, licensing, security, reporting, integrations, solution roadmaps and quality management. The CSE will oversee and maximize STEC’s ERP and Compliance software solutions investment and expenditures, ensure system integrity, and work with STEC Management on relevant process and technology improvements. The CSE will work with both internal teams and external vendors to effectively utilize STEC’s ERP and Compliance software solutions. This is a hands-on role that will require assurance of D365 and Sigma Flow system integrity. The CSE will be required to work directly with cross-functional teams to evaluate future options, leverage core features and guide customizations/enhancements to maximize value and minimize costs and/or risks.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent
- Experience implementing and supporting ERP business solutions including Finance, Project Costing, Human Resources, Payroll, Inventory Management, Procurement, and Equipment/Asset Management.
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI report design and use or other Microsoft BI Platforms (i.e., SSRS)
- Knowledge and skills applicable to secondary tools such as Microsoft Azure, Power Automate, SQL data warehouse, Visual Studio, etc.
- Valid Texas Driver License and MVR
- 5+ years of Microsoft Dynamics AX and/or D365 Finance and Operations
- 5+ years of Solution Architect or Analyst experience
- May frequently be required to walk, sit, stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Manual dexterity, ability to lift files, open file cabinets, ability to reach, and bend, and use2-step stool while safely lifting and lowering boxes.
- Ability to travel to and from work sites, meetings, training sessions or other business-related events.
- May be required to work after hours to include weekends and holidays
Typical duties include:
- Monitor the daily operation of the D365 and Sigma flow solutions, including initiation of support incident tickets and problem resolution management.
- Ensure the D365 and Sigma flow solutions are kept up to date with version upgrades and oversee testing of new features before deploying them to the production environments.
- Oversee the assessment, selection, and design of technological solutions, including an evaluation of potential change impacts to business processes throughout the organization.
- Work systematically and logically to analyze problem situations, resolve problems, identify causes, and anticipate implications of corrective actions. Ensure that the root causes are identified, and underlying issues/problems are resolved.
- Assist and coordinate with third-party managed services vendors.
- Oversee enhancement/customization requests for the D365 and Sigma flow solutions. Identify and prioritize objectives, understand software functionality, and work collaboratively with team members to recommend cost-effective solutions using industry best practices.
- Manage software licensing, security roles, and system workflows to ensure appropriate security and controls exist to maximize STEC’s software solution investments while minimizing security risks.
- Oversee and/or assist with business reporting/graphical presentation needs and the interpretation of data.
- Understand the solutions’ security layer models in Power BI and implement row-level security for applicable reports.
- Manage research and development efforts to assess new technologies that may advance STEC’s ERP and Compliance software solution capabilities in the future.
- Provide updates to the General Manager and STEC Executive Management Staff on the status of future/pending ERP and Compliance software solutions plans and customizations.
- Performs other duties, tasks and special projects as assigned.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
If you have any questions about the process, please contact STEC HR at (361) 485-6167.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V